Converge360, formerly the Enterprise Computing Group, a division of 1105 Media Inc., keeps managers and professionals current with the information, insight and analysis they need to succeed in development, IT and the channel. Our content platforms include print, digital, online, events and a broad spectrum of marketing services.
We are currently seeking a Director, Event Marketing who will be responsible for the success of multiple (8+ yearly) conferences, events, and tradeshows through effective attendee acquisition. They develop and manage the strategy, budget, and implementation of multiple marketing plans and analyze the achievement on ROI.
As Director, Event Marketing you will be responsible to achieve three primary performance objectives:
1) Create, implement, and execute marketing strategy for 1105 Media, Inc.’s Converge360 Event Brands, including Visual Studio Live!, TechMentor, and Live! 360, among others
2) Execute superior marketing copywriting and design for a variety of marketing collateral, print, and online campaigns
- Plan and execute extensive multi-touch marketing campaigns, to include email (both outbound database marketing and more strategic inbound/automated methods), brochures, banner ads, website development, print advertising, social media, Google AdWords, direct mail, telemarketing, content marketing, and other resources to acquire in-person and online event attendees.
- Work closely with the Event VP, Art Director, Online Media Director, Sales Director, and other Converge360 staff to develop event themes, designs, and overall vision.
3) Manage Marketing Personnel, Budgets, and Projects
- Demonstrate expertise in best practices for subject lines, headlines, technical marketing copy, and email design.
- Translate event goals into compelling marketing materials (print ads, websites, emails, web ads, etc.).
- Maintain clear and concise messaging frameworks for each event brand promotion.
- Manage the design and production of all collateral, ensuring consistent branding and messaging across all marketing materials.
- Manage, lead, and motivate the Marketing Coordinator.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and contractors.
- Track and monitor the response of all executed efforts; making contingency plans where necessary to meet attendee target goals.
- Create and deliver ongoing reports on attendee numbers and associated revenue, campaign results, and ROI.
- Employ data analytics and data mining techniques to effectively target conference attendees.
- Manage overall marketing expense budget and work with finance in tracking and monitoring attendee revenue.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 years progressive marketing experience
- Superior marketing copywriting skills
- Experience with marketing automation programs and/or inbound marketing programs (Marketo, Omeda, etc.)
- Experience in HTML
- Superior Excel proficiency
- Experience with leveraging direct marketing tactics
- Experience in managing email campaigns and multi-touch campaigns
- Experience working with art/graphic and web/online teams
- Experience developing content marketing (blogs, whitepapers, etc.)
- Experience in social media campaign management and execution
- Experience with running focus groups
- Knowledge of SEM & SEO marketing techniques
- Experience with Google AdWords and Google Analytics
- Must be able to set priorities and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- A strong work ethic and the capacity to succeed in a fast-paced environment
1105 Media., Inc., is the leading provider of B2B media services in the ABM, big data, education, technology, enterprise computing, government technology and infrastructure markets. Our products focus on technology, policy, regulation and news delivered through channels including print and online magazines, journals, and newsletters, seminars, conferences, executive summits, and trade shows, training and courseware and web-based services. 1105 Media is based in Woodland Hills, CA with offices throughout the United States.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan and a generous paid time off (PTO) / holiday plan.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.