For more than 25 years, TDWI (tdwi.org), a division of 1105 Media. Inc. has been helping data management and analytics professionals get smarter, so the companies they work for can innovate and grow faster. TDWI provides individuals and teams with a comprehensive portfolio of business and technical education and research to acquire the knowledge and skills they need, when and where they need them.
We are currently seeking a Director of Audience Acquisition and Engagement. As the Director of Audience Acquisition and Engagement at TDWI, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing key database marketing strategies and systems, driving audience growth and engagement, and leveraging data to develop strategic insights and recommendations to grow the TDWI business. The ideal candidate must possess a unique blend of creativity, analytical thinking, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. You must be able to successfully pivot between high-level strategy and hands-on execution in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
This role can be based in Washington, Texas, Florida, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey or Los Angeles and all cities are remote.
- Work with the Senior Director of Marketing to serve as the primary marketing team lead for audience development strategies.
- Drive audience acquisition, profile completion, and enhance engagement through targeted marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Pivot effortlessly between campaign strategy and execution.
- Develop testing strategies to identify opportunities for further audience growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate database marketing initiatives.
- Track and measure database growth with monthly reporting.
- Become the resident marketing expert on the TDWI database, including data segmentation, marketing list generation, and data analysis.
- Conduct ongoing data analysis using analytics tools to effectively translate data into actionable insights and business strategies.
- Manipulate, analyze, and interpret complex data sets to answer business requests and generate meaningful reports.
- Utilize Marketo for marketing audience segmentation and campaign execution.
- Identify and maintain audience demographic personas for product segments (i.e., free vs paid event attendees, members, etc.) and sales sponsorship campaigns.
- Monitor and track campaign efficacy and channel attribution, leveraging web analytics tools to draw insights and identify trends across channels and campaigns. Provide insightful analysis and recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with established privacy laws (e.g., CASL, GDPR) when building marketing lists.
- Explore and integrate artificial intelligence tools and technologies to increase efficiency and impact of database marketing efforts.
- Liaise with sales team and vendors for database-related matters as required.
- Assist with or manage special projects as assigned.
In the role, you will be measured on: database growth (total and MoM % change), and revenue growth. Additional metrics: net new leads, website inbounds, SEO keyword rankings.
- 7+ years of experience with data segmentation, email marketing, marketing campaign analysis, and relational databases.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, marketing/communications, math, economics, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned projects on time and meet deadlines consistently.
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, and the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
- Proven ability to use machine learning and other techniques to identify patterns in structured and unstructured audience data and use data visualization to communicate strategic insights.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with team partners and stakeholders at different levels.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience working with marketing automation platforms such as Marketo, Eloqua, HubSpot, Pardot, or Salesforce.
- Strong experience in reporting and developing dashboards using analytics tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience manipulating data in SQL, including joins and aggregating data, is a plus.
- Familiarity with global marketing practices and experience working as part of a diverse and collaborative team.
If you are a motivated and data-driven professional with a passion for driving audience acquisition and engagement and database marketing, and if you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply for the position of Director of Audience Acquisition and Database Marketing at TDWI. Join our team and help us optimize our marketing efforts while delivering exceptional experiences to our audience.
salary range for this position is $85,000 to $115,000 depending on experience and education. TDWI also offers a comprehensive benefits package, a 401k Savings Plan as well as a generous amount of time off.
e an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We also participate in E-Verify to confirm that employees are authorized to work in the U.S.