Spaces4Learning (a division of our Infrastructure Solutions Group) at 1105 Media., is the leading media brand covering K–12 and higher education facilities, covering construction, retrofitting, security and technology. Campus Security & Life Safety is the leading media brand focused on security and safety issues for educational campus settings, healthcare campuses and corporate campuses. Each brand’s portfolio includes websites, newsletters, podcasts, webcasts, social media, awards programs and print magazines. In person events may also be held.
We are currently seeking a versatile mid-level editor and writer who can produce a high volume of news, product updates, Q&As and feature articles while also handling the rigors of working in all media platforms. The successful candidate will be able to take ownership of these brands, be responsible for writing and sourcing content for all platforms from the industry, editing the content to the specific platform and individual articles that appear in our other media, helping with editing marketing materials and custom content and much more. View spaces4learning.com and campuslifesecurity.com to see the topics we cover.
- Write daily news and product updates
- Write occasional Q&As and feature articles (four or five longer articles per month)
- Source articles from industry contributors and freelance writers
- Edit articles for all platforms
- Manage awards programs
- Manage social media
- Produce podcasts and webcasts
- Source images for articles when appropriate
- Work with other team members to plan and execute magazine, site, newsletters and other projects
- Manage production cycle
- This is a mid-level editorial job and requires some background digital and print media, both writing and editing, preferably in B to B publishing
- This position is based in Dallas, TX and working remotely is a possibility
- A self-motivated individual who likes to exceed expectations
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan and a generous paid time off (PTO)/holiday plan.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.