For over 20 years, TDWI, a division of 1105 media, has provided individuals and teams with a comprehensive portfolio of business and technical education and research to acquire the knowledge and skills they need, when and where they need it. Our expert analysts generate cutting research and tools to help organizations accelerate and advance their data management and analytics projects and
TDWI is looking for a research director to become part of our world-class industry analyst team. This is a position for a strong leader who has established credibility in the key disciplines of data management, such as data warehousing, data lakes, databases, data integration, data quality, and metadata, plus the evolving user best practices, tools, platforms, and architectures of these.
What You’ll Do:
What We’re Looking For:
- Conduct research and analysis in data management. Identify areas for research as a subject matter expert. Help to advance TDWI’s research portfolio, which includes best practice reports, market trends, and strategies for success in data management and adjacent areas.
- Grow TDWI thought leadership in data management and adjacent areas of data governance and data security and privacy.
- Co-moderate TDWI leadership level events. Present original research at TDWI events. Work closely with the TDWI research team to help develop compelling agendas and identify speakers for TDWI Strategy Summits.
- Lead focus groups on topics related to coverage area.
- Speak at TDWI events and other events as an industry expert.
- Conduct secondary market research to develop market landscapes and assessments in emerging data-related areas.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of experience in data management, with a focus on data governance, security, and privacy. Advanced degree preferred.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with industry leaders. Demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas effectively.
- Highly organized, with strong multi-tasking skills to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and demands.
- Exceptional analytical capabilities- able to distill large amounts of information into digestible form with your own point of view.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with vendors and end users.
- Strong team player.
- Previous experience as an industry analyst preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package plan, as well as a generous paid time off (PTO)/holiday plan.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.