1105 Media, Inc., is a leading provider of business-to-business media services in the ABM, big data, education, technology, enterprise computing, government technology, and infrastructure markets.
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to perform complex accounting functions related to financial processes, reporting, analysis and interpretation and provides input to Executive Management and guidance to other Finance department personnel in regard to these functions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with month end closing processes, generate monthly journal entries and reconcile accounts.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and internal reports and provide summaries and recommendations to management regarding financial activities.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting on results and trends of operations.
- Assist with product cost development and cost savings calculations, creating budgets, forecasts and activity rates.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Financial and ERP systems and the ability to data mine.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with team members, coworkers, production staff and management.
- Review and improve daily processes and tasks to expedite and improve workflow.
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Provide audit support through the generation of timely, accurate schedules and documents.
- Create and maintain adequate and appropriate procedural documentation.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Experience and Education:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel with intermediate skills in other Microsoft Office products.
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability, and responsibility.
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities using strong organization and prioritization skills.
- High degree of integrity while working with confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on attention to detail balanced with a big picture focus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret financial data with an understanding of GAAP and regulatory requirements as well as company policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to work independently to prioritize and accomplish daily tasks.
- Ability to identify and research accounting issues independently and communicate conclusions effectively both verbally and in written form.
3+ years of progressive accounting experience
· Accounting experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
· BA/S in Accounting or Finance
· Familiarity with ERP, Microsoft Great Plains preferred
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan and a generous paid time off (PTO) / holiday plan.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.